Thursday, September 26, 2013

It's OK to be Imperfect

Today, I think I'm going a little off subject again.

I don't know about you, but every single day I work my hardest to be the very best Me I can be. I know that sounds like a combination of some new age hippy chant and the Marine Corps pick up line, but it's the best way to put it. I'm determined to keep it all together. The house, bills, cleaning, crafting, blogging, working, grocery shopping, appearance, friendliness. All of it.

I'm not saying I have the cleanest house, fullest pantry, and perfect hair, makeup and clothes. I'm saying I work every day to be my best version of my house, my pantry, and my hair, makeup, and clothes.

On days like today, I feel very defeated. I'm not being my best right now. I'm tired, overwhelmed, and generally want to sit under my desk and cry. There are so many bills to pay, contractors to keep track of, dinner demands to be made every night, I just ate 5 York peppermint patties, the dogs allergies are acting up, and I just can't keep on top of all the work. Then I start to feel down on myself for not being able to pull up my boot straps, dig in, and get it done.

But today, I'm saying it's ok. I'm not giving up, I'm taking a break. Today, and maybe tomorrow and heck, even the day after that, I'm going to be imperfect. We might get take out, we may have no yogurt for a couple days, and there may be a layer of dust on everything in my house. The dishes may sit in the sink for one more day, and I probably won't get a work out in tonight. Being imperfect doesn't make me less.

There's a pang of guilt I feel as I write this. "But Brianna, you don't even have kids! Quit your bitching' and get to it!" No, I don't have kids. But when I do, the very best me will not be the same very best me I am today. I'm pretty sure that when I have kids, dust will no longer be in the back of my mind all the time. But today it is.

So on the days where you feel defeated for not being the best version of you, remember that sometimes, it's ok to take a break, let it wait, and pull up your bootstraps tomorrow. Today, you're wearing your comfy slippers.

Me, wearing my comfy slippers. And a picture of Sassy for good measure.



No comments:

Post a Comment