Saturday, January 25, 2014

Baby Fitz's Blanket

Quilt Post! Woot! I get so excited when I write a quilt post. 1: because that means another quilt is done and in the books, and 2: I get to share it with everyone! Of all the quilts I've made, I've seen only three reactions. And let me tell you- it is the BEST! It's like watching your kid open that one gift they've pined for ALL YEAR.

I won't see this quilt opened by the ultimate recipient, but I will see it opened by my dear friend who ordered it. Tina (of Tina Mortela Photography- I've mentioned her before, have you liked her page???) has a very best friend that finally conceived the baby they'd been hoping for. A lot of love and time went into planning the quilt. We finally decided on a timeless, elegant pattern that can be enjoyed for years.

I used a few fabrics from Moda's Honey Honey line, and added a green fabric for contrast. The background was done with Moda's Snow White fabric. 2 1/2 inch strips were cut in the white, and 5 1/2 inch squares were used for the colored fabric. The nursery theme is butterflies, so I had Terry Burris quilt butterflies throughout the quilt. With the scraps, I made a small accent pillow. The end result is simply breath taking.








No comments:

Post a Comment